Sengkang.com Forum Index

SK Compassvale View STATUS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 195, 196, 197 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frezhman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pukindog wrote:
Frezhman wrote:
Yea, dun rush in buyin aircon cuz it's one of the most ex item in the hse. Go to renotalk forum n u will find lots info abt aircon from forumers. Y I choose gain city cuz their workmanship is highly recommended. Definitely can get cheaper elsewhere but most aircon get spoilt easily due to improper installation, where condensation or melting of copper wiring took place. I heard of ppl gettin Mitsubishi inverter sys 4 for 3.8k, but whether there's warranty? Installation gd enuff? Able to minimize those ugly trunkings? I play safe when it comes to aircon cuz dun mind paying more cuz once spoilt, the false ceiling that covers the trunkings all will be affected. I'm looking at the big picture... My 2 cents worth.

for your info, not all installer are from gain city. They actually subcon to outside contractor/aircon installer due to overflow of orders.

I'm not workin for gain city, k.. Read thru lotsa stuff n found gain city is reputable. My colleagues n even my bro engaged them, so I'm confident of my choice. Also, hearing from other forumers in renotalk of their horror stories, like muz pay more for additional trunkings, or trunkings so ugly... Some had to redo their trunkings due to poor workmanship and hence additional cost. These are juz some negative stuff that I read. But by all means get it if u get
a gd deal or recommendation.
Pukindog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frezhman wrote:
Pukindog wrote:
Frezhman wrote:
Yea, dun rush in buyin aircon cuz it's one of the most ex item in the hse. Go to renotalk forum n u will find lots info abt aircon from forumers. Y I choose gain city cuz their workmanship is highly recommended. Definitely can get cheaper elsewhere but most aircon get spoilt easily due to improper installation, where condensation or melting of copper wiring took place. I heard of ppl gettin Mitsubishi inverter sys 4 for 3.8k, but whether there's warranty? Installation gd enuff? Able to minimize those ugly trunkings? I play safe when it comes to aircon cuz dun mind paying more cuz once spoilt, the false ceiling that covers the trunkings all will be affected. I'm looking at the big picture... My 2 cents worth.

for your info, not all installer are from gain city. They actually subcon to outside contractor/aircon installer due to overflow of orders.

I'm not workin for gain city, k.. Read thru lotsa stuff n found gain city is reputable. My colleagues n even my bro engaged them, so I'm confident of my choice. Also, hearing from other forumers in renotalk of their horror stories, like muz pay more for additional trunkings, or trunkings so ugly... Some had to redo their trunkings due to poor workmanship and hence additional cost. These are juz some negative stuff that I read. But by all means get it if u get

maybe u had misunderstood me. i just pointing out that there is this stuff going on in gain city and not pointing or criticise your choice. Me also had a hard time in finding my aircon so ya it is up to luck sometime la. But if u think that what i had written is an insult to you then so be it. No point saying who is better or right. just treat it as a general comment.
Frezhman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pukindog wrote:
Frezhman wrote:
Pukindog wrote:
Frezhman wrote:

maybe u had misunderstood me. i just pointing out that there is this stuff going on in gain city and not pointing or criticise your choice. Me also had a hard time in finding my aircon so ya it is up to luck sometime la. But if u think that what i had written is an insult to you then so be it. No point saying who is better or right. just treat it as a general comment.

"But if u think that what i had written is an insult to you then so be it"...
did i miss somethin here? suddenly, someone got hostile juz cuz of an aircon? do grow up, k Very Happy

anyway, anyone found their letter box not that smooth? pretty tight when opening n closing...
also, one of the window's alignment is a bit off.. quite tight to lock it. maybe these are petty stuff, but i juz highlight it to them anyway..
lastly, is 18000 btu for living rm ok or shld go for higher?
thx
Fullerton

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frezhman wrote:
Pukindog wrote:
Frezhman wrote:
Pukindog wrote:
Frezhman wrote:

"But if u think that what i had written is an insult to you then so be it"...
did i miss somethin here? suddenly, someone got hostile juz cuz of an aircon? do grow up, k Very Happy

Eh.. I thought most of the residents here are from the 80's, still so childish Embarassed

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Capo_irman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All... just to inform u all to becareful & look out for the iron gate con-man.

He' carry a small sling bag & good at talking to cheat u.

Take care of the wife cause he very consistent. He riding a super four bike & there are3 of them.

BE REALLY CAREFUL & SPREAD THE WORD AROUND TO ALL NEIGHBOURs.

Capo_irman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All... just to inform u all to becareful & look out for the iron gate con-man.

Take care of the wife cause he very consistent. He riding a super four bike & there are3 of them.

BE REALLY CAREFUL & SPREAD THE WORD AROUND TO ALL NEIGHBOURs.

Pukindog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Capo_irman"]Hi All... just to inform u all to becareful & look out for the iron gate con-man.

BE REALLY CAREFUL & SPREAD THE WORD AROUND TO ALL NEIGHBOURs.[/quote

good job bro for spreading the word. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Kriscell
Ordinary Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frezhman wrote:
not so sure.. anyway, u muz decide inverter or non-inverter. misubishi only have inverter for sys 4 , but non-inverter they have all. toshiba wise, its ex, abt 300 more so i never consider. LG is ok-ok...

anyway, 3+1 sld meet ur need cuz u on MB more often, so instead of 1 big compressor running, a dedicated compressor is switched on for the MB aircon. my 2 cents worth

Thanks for the advise. I also think a 3+1 is good enough for most 4rms. Now must plan how to have a kitchen door (sliding one likely) and whether a door or something to block the common passage to rooms so that the living room will be cool much faster.

Anyone building or planning to have such a door to divide the living room from the common passage?

Mail4cookies

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bro n sis...

any idea how much cash we need to fork out for our key collection..

tks alot ^^

Capo_irman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mail4cookies wrote:
hi bro n sis...

tks alot ^^
Well, you only need to fork out the following during key collection:

- Etuqa Fire Insurance (ard $7.00)
- Town Council 1st month ($50.50)

If your CPF is enought for the balance 5% payment and monthly cpf repayment for house, you no need to top up any cash. This depends on the loan period and amount.

Cheers.

Wooch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Capo_irman"]
Mail4cookies wrote:
hi bro n sis...

tks alot ^^
Well, you only need to fork out the following during key collection:

- Etuqa Fire Insurance (ard $7.00)
- Town Council 1st month ($50.50)

quote]

Fire insurance must pay by cash. The town council fees can be paid by nets.

Happy Hols in advance to all! Counting down to the long weekends...
Frezhman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kriscell wrote:
Frezhman wrote:
not so sure.. anyway, u muz decide inverter or non-inverter. misubishi only have inverter for sys 4 , but non-inverter they have all. toshiba wise, its ex, abt 300 more so i never consider. LG is ok-ok...

anyway, 3+1 sld meet ur need cuz u on MB more often, so instead of 1 big compressor running, a dedicated compressor is switched on for the MB aircon. my 2 cents worth

Thanks for the advise. I also think a 3+1 is good enough for most 4rms. Now must plan how to have a kitchen door (sliding one likely) and whether a door or something to block the common passage to rooms so that the living room will be cool much faster.

Anyone building or planning to have such a door to divide the living room from the common passage?

how abt a false wall that cover ther household shelter... Whenever u wanna close the passage way, juz open the false wall and it will act as a door for the passage way? Juz my idea but dun have the $$$ to do it now... My two cents worth.
Hotterdogg
Ordinary Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frezhman wrote:
Kriscell wrote:
Frezhman wrote:

how abt a false wall that cover ther household shelter... Whenever u wanna close the passage way, juz open the false wall and it will act as a door for the passage way? Juz my idea but dun have the $$$ to do it now... My two cents worth.

i suppose a kitchen door is prob a must for most households bah
else all the smoke & smell go into the hall. but for household shelter
how issit going to work? cause it's kinda narrow the passageway.

but what bout service yard? do u all put up a window or grills there?
i saw my block one unit put those roller blinds (rattan). Smile
Hotterdogg
Ordinary Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frezhman wrote:
y i dun choose inverter.....

1) the replacement parts are more ex compared than non-inverter
2) the price diff is at ard 500bucks... (read from a forum somewhere in which to balance out the equation, it will take 8 years of switching on the aircon everyday to save 500bucks in electricity bills, provided it dun get spoilt)
3) forgot the size of copper piping... n yup, its to lower the condensation. inverter condense even more...
4) stacking on top of another compressor req a bracket: $150, & how many times will u on both compressor together at one time, in which u on the MB n Living Rm together? hence, almost impossible to overheat.. furthermore, compressor placed outside....

sorry left out something. i went through mitsubishi's site
& non invertors models quite limited but they're tops only 2 ticks in energy saving efficiency... erm, did u take that into consideration & will it actually contribute to your savings part if just based on this factor?, sorry hope i din make u blur. Nod
Xxx188

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mail4cookies wrote:
hi bro n sis...

tks alot ^^

Hi Mail4cookies. u received the letter for key collection?

Thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> PROPERTY TALK All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 195, 196, 197 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 196 of 247

Jump to: