Sengkang.com Forum Index

Strangers at the door at 10:30pm.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiki&Lala
Titanium Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Strangers at the door at 10:30pm. Reply with quote

Is Singtel going to replace the current telephone point to the opennet point?
As two men (look more like two 18-20 yrs old boys) come to my doorstep at around 10.30 pm to tell me this and wanted me to open the door for them to come in to check the point. They ask me whether did I received any letter from Singtel to inform us that we can use the opennet point for the telephone... I was like har, don't have wor????? And I refuse to let them in and they keep asking why and told me if I don't want it now next time I will have to pay to relocated the telephone to the opennet point. I just refuse to let them in. First I didn't received any letter from Singtel. Second I didn't receive any call from Singtel. And at this hr? How can I trust them? Anyone can let me know whether is Singtel going to relocated the telephone point?

Sweet Home : http://sweetcoris.blogspot.com/
RN53

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are smart, KKLL!
Those two could be robbers in disguise. Yeap, you are correct, any official business thing must be precede with a black and white, even so, must check their credentials as well. Nod

Kiki&Lala
Titanium Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes RN you are right. This is what I told my son too he stand so near to the gate and I had to tell him to stand beside. After they left I had scolded my son. As these two boy show me some doc which say that the residents here had sign up for the relocated point and my son kept saying ya hor. I told my son you just can't simply believe what strangers say. What if you open the door and they are a group of people hinding behind the stairs? What if they have knife? Later I'm going to call Singtel to check with them abt this issues.

Kiki&Lala
Titanium Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had just call Singtel, the lady told me singtel didnt send people down. Also if had also will make appointment for us and send a tech down. And also not at this hr. RN, ah bin say Singtel where got so hard working ^_^ hmmm should I make a police report?

RN53

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiki&Lala wrote:
I had just call Singtel, the lady told me singtel didnt send people down. Also if had also will make appointment for us and send a tech down. And also not at this hr. RN, ah bin say Singtel where got so hard working ^_^ hmmm should I make a police report?

Yes, the rightful thing to do is make a police report and inform TC/HDB too. The police will keep a look up for such characters and residents will be fore-warned about such activities. Nod

Kiki&Lala
Titanium Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Here go my case:

Email Singtel again to let them know my case.
EPC SPS to make a police report.

Singtel call me, was told that they had investigated this issues. The lady told me, YES Sintel does have this door to door sales. But she had check my case and I was not eligible to relocated to the fibre point. And she had no ideal why the guys still knock at the door and ask me to relocated the tel point. She ask me whether the guys did intro their name to me or did they show me the pass that they are from Singtel. "NO" is my answer and I told her I felt threaten when they kept asking to come in to check whether I am eligible and they told me if I do it now I will have to pay later if I want to relocate. The lady say she will feedback to the sales dept and feel sorry that the sales people actually did this.

I called Sengkang Neighbourhood Police Centre whether I need to cancel my case? They ask me to keep the report since I felt threaten abt it. And in future if this thing happen again i just need to get down the guys name and make the report.

So... Close Case ...
Yoroshiku

RN53

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Nod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> CRIME PREVENTION All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: