Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quiet Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilddolphin wrote:
Quiet Guy wrote:
Wilddolphin wrote:
Cmtan wrote:
according to my husband, those pink stain comes from the copper piping because is still new. so dont think is a problem. my also got pink stain.

Dunno whether we have this substance in our drinking water or not.It's definately a health hazard to my fishes cos they fall sick every week ever since I moved in in late march.Used to change their water almost afew weeks-a month,but now every week. Very Sad

you got add water conditioner ?

Ya,everything from anti-chlorine to conditioner but still no use leh Very Sad

try add some PP when after WC.

CHeers..

Garu Boy
Honorary Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
Garu Boy wrote:
u all get share the lab testing . ask the lab test guy from water test company and collect sample form ur house and a few unit. then they will sent the sample for testing. $ 100+ only. little road there got the lab company. ALS i think. my company use them to collect water sample from vessel fro testing.

pls take note HDB got test b4 liao. if not they wont accept from main con de.

So what can we get back from HDB if the lab result came back against HDB result?? Scratch Head

I dun mind chipping in for the test but it must have concrete solution, causes and effects of consumption of the water etc...

Also the question of access to the top and bottem water tank for samples taking..

u dun take sample from tank. samples are taken from various point / taps.
depend on what test is asking for. u may ask the lab company for explaination for the tests protocol. if the test report say fit for drink, there noting u can do.

James

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garu Boy wrote:
James wrote:
Garu Boy wrote:
u all get share the lab testing . ask the lab test guy from water test company and collect sample form ur house and a few unit. then they will sent the sample for testing. $ 100+ only. little road there got the lab company. ALS i think. my company use them to collect water sample from vessel fro testing.

So what can we get back from HDB if the lab result came back against HDB result?? Scratch Head

I dun mind chipping in for the test but it must have concrete solution, causes and effects of consumption of the water etc...

Also the question of access to the top and bottem water tank for samples taking..

depend on what test is asking for. u may ask the lab company for explaination for the tests protocol. if the test report say fit for drink, there noting u can do.

Fit for drinking is quite wide.
What most of us is afraid of is that there are some chemical residue from flushing the water tank and piping

Anyway, if everyone want to group for the test just inform me.. Very Happy

Garu Boy
Honorary Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
Garu Boy wrote:
James wrote:
Garu Boy wrote:

What most of us is afraid of is that there are some chemical residue from flushing the water tank and piping

there is always chemical in our food or drink de.

James

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garu Boy wrote:
James wrote:
Garu Boy wrote:
James wrote:
Garu Boy wrote:

there is always chemical in our food or drink de.

Yup, what I mean is abnormal presences of chemical residues.. Near to the limit but within the band.. Very Happy

Sk_res
Brand New Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Serious - Water Quality Reply with quote

bump!

anybody else has this problem? other blocks in the area?

the red or pinkish tinge cannot be ignored. evident from wilddolphin's July 2008 post (see above).

Winwin also observed the same puzzling issue in his/her post from Jan 2011.
see: http://www.sengkang.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12001

its everywhere, in the toilet bowl, sink, shower walls, flask, and even in the bottom of the bottle we use to chill water in the fridge!

surely, with the 100s of new units in the compassvale / sengkang / buangkok vicinity this is a potentially big issue - if the same tank / pipe system and equipment are used...

but more importantly, many of us have been coating our organs and kidneys with - rust?! - for the past years...

comments from all, please!

and Seasons Greetings to all.
Winwin
Gold Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update from me.... actually the update is for 2012 December but I was having confinement at home then (that's why free to follow up on this issue with PUB and Town council) but got too busy with motherhood and completely forgotten about the issue till Sk_res dug up the thread.

Over the years, we suffered the "pink tinge" issue until I cannot take it and bought a water filter in 2010. At least I felt I was drinking cleaner water and did not think too much into it anymore. Finally, while having confinement at home in Dec 2012, after my confinement nanny complained about the slow water flow at both bathroom sinks, I decided to call in a plumber. The plumber used a spanner to unscrew this filter cap (see picture) and found alot of rust/sand-like sediments, so all he did was wash it away and fit it back and water flow is back to normal. Money wasted just for this.

We thought that's the end of the problem. However, 3 weeks later, the slow water flow problem came back again. See horror screenshot from the video I took of the water with rust coming out after the filter is removed. We removed it by ourselves this time.

Then it happened our MP, Mr Gan Thiam Poh was doing his rounds in the block, I decided to open my door and feedback to him. Shortly PUB sent someone down to take water sample for testing, came back with town council rep to tell me that water is "safe for consumption" and in accordance with WHO standard etc etc.... After making much noise, the town council agreed to flush the water tank and after which it seems that the "pink tinge" problem disappear (at least for my unit)... Any 270A residents like to verify this?

So this is the ending to my pink tinge saga. Perhaps, you guys can try town council to feedback the problem and ask them to flush the water tank?
RN53

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did the right and correct way! Well done!
If it was me, the TC, MP and who else, will get the hard wake up call at the first instance. Sly

Winwin
Gold Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I must say, TC is very passive about this on-going issue in the neighborhood. If they realised that this is the problem for one block, shouldn't they flush the water tank of all other blocks after realising it.
Kai & Hian
Silver Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall ever having this problem even when I first moved in, so I think my block is ok. However, I think I read somewhere before that upper floors water comes from the tank at the top and lower floors water come from a tank underground, so I'm not sure if the lower floors of my block faced this problem...
Moved in since end April 2008.
Boyboy arrived on 23 June 2009.
Girlgirl arrived on 15 November 2010.
RN53

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kai & Hian wrote:
I don't recall ever having this problem even when I first moved in, so I think my block is ok. However, I think I read somewhere before that upper floors water comes from the tank at the top and lower floors water come from a tank underground, so I'm not sure if the lower floors of my block faced this problem...

New flats nowadays get the water supply from stored water on the rooftop tank supplied by the pump room at the void deck of each block. Nod

Kai & Hian
Silver Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RN53 wrote:
Kai & Hian wrote:

New flats nowadays get the water supply from stored water on the rooftop tank supplied by the pump room at the void deck of each block. Nod

That should mean that my entire block is free from this water problem then... =)

Moved in since end April 2008.
Boyboy arrived on 23 June 2009.
Girlgirl arrived on 15 November 2010.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> HOME SWEET HOME All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: