Sengkang.com Forum Index

Table and chairs under blocks being abused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L_jalil
Brand New Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Table and chairs under blocks being abused Reply with quote

I live in Block 305C of Anchorvale Link. The block has a round table and fixed chairs placed near the covered linkway. Whatever its initial purpose, the seats are normally only used by drunks, smokers and children who vandalise it during the mooncake festival by lighting candles on it and watching it burn out. I want to petition to have them removed. In all my 5 years here, I have never seen the chairs being used for a good purpose. I find the chairs placed in front of the exercise centre and the badminton court are better utilised by people resting or guardians while keeping watch on the children playing. I have constantly had to call the police to inform them of motorcycles being ridden right under my block so that the riders can have their supper and then start their engines at 4 o'clock in the morning. I have had to call the police to remove a group of 4 youngsters who sat in the opposite block, completely drunk that they went under the kitchen window of the flat opposite mine to urinate. I had informed our MP Dr Lam when he visited my unit a few years ago but the problem is a persistent one.

I hope the Town Council and HDB can consider my request.

Solonavi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you raised this to the TC or HDB directly? Seriously, I doubt any of them is visiting Sk.com.

Cheers
JC

Multiply
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jollysk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed. And old folks using the nearby blocks' tables/chairs for open gambling from morning till near-midnight everyday! Quite a sight to behold and definitely not very wholesome for young children.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: