Sengkang.com Forum Index

OCS option in BTOs: To Opt In or Not?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> RESOURCE FOLDER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RN53

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: OCS option in BTOs: To Opt In or Not? Reply with quote

Optional Component Scheme. - For Fernvale Lea.
These flats come with floor finishes in the kitchen, household shelter, service yard and bathrooms.
For added convenience, you may opt in to have floor finishes in the living/ dining room and bedrooms and/ or internal doors installed in your selected flat. The cost of installing these optional components will be added to the selling price of the flat.
Notes:
* Bi-fold bathroom doors are provided for 2-room flats and they are non-optional
* 2-room flats : 1 internal door (1 bedroom door)
* 3-room flats : 4 internal doors (2 bedroom doors and 2 bathroom doors)
* 4-room flats : 5 internal doors (3 bedroom doors and 2 bathroom doors)
* 5-room flats : 5 internal doors (3 bedroom doors and 2 bathroom doors)

Now the question???
To opt-in or what?
The advantages:
1) The flooring tiles/doors are installed during the construction process and it became integral to the AOL when the flat is taken over.
2) No necessity to source for contractor/s for the OCS components above. So, lesser time needed for renovations, can shift in earlier.
3) Any defect/s can be reported to HDB as part of the initial guarantee. Private contractor/s might make things difficult if there's dispute.

The disadvantages, if any:
1) Limited choices of type and design.
2) Fixed price, whether fair price or not - depends on comparable type/design.

One extra pointer about the solid wood doors for toilets.
Personally, I prefer these SOLID WOODEN DOORS for wet areas. My flat is the premium type so the only OCS is the doors. I didn't opt-in because of the disadvantages above. I pick and choose my own choices and installed them after taking possession of my flat.

Reasons:
1) Toilet doors should always be closed, regardless of whether it is being used.
2) Solid wooden doors are very durable, if properly maintain and cleaned.
3) Since most new flats have enclosed shower screen, there are lesser splashing of water on the doors.
4) Bi-fold doors are flimsy and noisy.
If I can remember any more pointers, I will add in. Nod

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> RESOURCE FOLDER All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: