Sengkang.com Forum Index

New here! Some questions to ask about transport!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> WELCOME, FEEDBACK & SUGGESTIONS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holycrapz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: New here! Some questions to ask about transport! Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I just got my account activated this evening. First of all I wanna say that I think it's really cool that there's such a forum going on. Keeps the community tight.

Secondly, I've got a question for you guys who have been staying in this area for a period of time. I'll be shifting over to compassvale road third week of next month. I just got a job at bukit batok and wondering which is the fastest way to get there.I iI've used gothere.sg and Google maps and seems that there's 3 ways. 1. Take bus to a bus stop near woodlands mrt and walk to woodlands mrt then take train to batok. 2. Take bus to Yishun interchange then take train down to batok. 3. Take train to clementi then take bus down to my workplace.

Really not too sure which is the best for me and I hope that you guys could help me out.

Thanks in advance!
Quiet Guy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

queck queck queck..
RN53

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: New here! Some questions to ask about transport! Reply with quote

Holycrapz wrote:
Hi guys!

I just got my account activated this evening. First of all I wanna say that I think it's really cool that there's such a forum going on. Keeps the community tight.

Secondly, I've got a question for you guys who have been staying in this area for a period of time. I'll be shifting over to compassvale road third week of next month. I just got a job at bukit batok and wondering which is the fastest way to get there.I iI've used gothere.sg and Google maps and seems that there's 3 ways. 1. Take bus to a bus stop near woodlands mrt and walk to woodlands mrt then take train to batok. 2. Take bus to Yishun interchange then take train down to batok. 3. Take train to clementi then take bus down to my workplace.

Really not too sure which is the best for me and I hope that you guys could help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Welcomed! Smile
Just amend your "duck" to such.
OK, to assist you, more is required from you.
Which blk in Compassvale Rd to exactly which area of Bt. Batok?? Smile
From the above, just take MRT from SK-Outram-Clementi. Avoid taking bus service if possible.

Holycrapz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the edit! Didn't realise there was a mistake. =x

Anyways, I'll be shifting to the 258 cluster of blocks on Compassvale Road. Exact work location is http://gothere.sg/maps#q:659585.

From Batok I can actually choose to take 189 down a couple of stops, or actually cut across residential areas and walk for about 10mins.

Anyone have similar experience? Staying SK but working along Batok/Gombak or CCK area? So many different ways to go down, not too sure which will be the fastest. Sad
RN53

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like that's the best way by public transports:
SK-MRT to Outram Park to Bt. Batok, then by bus 173/189 to Swimming Complex and walk in. Smile
Keep walking to less than 8 minutes each time so as not to damage your working shoes, unless you are wearing sports shoes to work. Smile

Holycrapz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just train journey alone I think is gonna be 50mins. Need to wait, say around 15mins in total for trains to arrive. Another 10mins walk to work. Holy crap, 1 hr 15mins travel time. Sad

Thinking of changing my OPC to normal plate since my workplace has free parking. But chor sia. Sad
Jessica Lim
Ordinary Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RN53 wrote:
SK-MRT to Outram Park to Bt. Batok, then by bus 173/189 to Swimming Complex and walk in. Smile
Keep walking to less than 8 minutes each time so as not to damage your working shoes, unless you are wearing sports shoes to work. Smile

A point to take note is if you take a train from Outram Park to Bt Batok you need to alight at Jurong East Mrt Station and walk across to the middle platform to take another train to Bt Batok.

Sly Sly

RN53

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Smile Nod
Holycrapz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessica Lim wrote:
RN53 wrote:

A point to take note is if you take a train from Outram Park to Bt Batok you need to alight at Jurong East Mrt Station and walk across to the middle platform to take another train to Bt Batok.

Sly Sly

Yeap. That I know. I actually stayed in Commonwealth for all my life before knowing my wife and getting engaged to her. After which I shifted to Yishun and gonna move to SK next month.

Kinda sucks that I need to change train twice. In the opinion of you guys, taking train all the way is definitely much better/faster/reliable than taking a bus and then a direct train down?
KaTaBaTic
Ordinary Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe can search for car-pooling or special direct semi-express bus service.
Holycrapz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaTaBaTic wrote:
Maybe can search for car-pooling or special direct semi-express bus service.

What's a direct semi-express bus service if you don't mind me asking. =/
KaTaBaTic
Ordinary Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like most of those Premium & Scheme B buses only have services into the CBD. Your #2 choice, ride svc 85 to Khatib MRT (don't go to Bus Interchange), then ride train around the North to Bt Batok, seems to be the best way. Nod
Holycrapz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaTaBaTic wrote:
Seems like most of those Premium & Scheme B buses only have services into the CBD. Your #2 choice, ride svc 85 to Khatib MRT (don't go to Bus Interchange), then ride train around the North to Bt Batok, seems to be the best way. Nod

Actually, I'd rather take 965 from block 259C and ride down to Khatib since the bus stop there is nearer. Very Happy

I only scared expressway jam on TPE/SLE. Confused
KaTaBaTic
Ordinary Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holycrapz wrote:
KaTaBaTic wrote:

Actually, I'd rather take 965 from block 259C and ride down to Khatib since the bus stop there is nearer. Very Happy

Oh another service, 965? Wow, can avoid Jalan Kayu, and it is better than 85! Thumbs Up

Npg
Ordinary Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holycrapz wrote:
KaTaBaTic wrote:

I think this should be your best option. Problem is now TPE is having expansion and construction links to Seletar Aerospace Park so traffic condition maybe quite erratic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> WELCOME, FEEDBACK & SUGGESTIONS All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: