Sengkang.com Forum Index
  
         
Feedback to Ang Mo Kio Town Council (Sengkang West)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Spiderman
Administrator


Joined: 03 Jul 2003
Posts: 975
Location: Sengkang

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Feedback to Ang Mo Kio Town Council (Sengkang West) Reply with quote

Dear members,

To make it easier for you to give your feedback, complaints, etc. to your Town Council, I have created this thread. Instead of writing to them individually, let's consolidate them here. I'll periodically highlight to them to come here and read.

Do remember to include which precinct, which block, which floor, etc.

If the particular problem has been resolved, do edit your post to reflect the status.

Cheers,
Spiderman


Last edited by Spiderman on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Chubby
Fellow Member


Joined: 21 Jun 2007
Posts: 32647
Location: 317 Anchorvale Garden

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Block 317 Multi Purpose Hall .. danger wood appear


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Chubby
Fellow Member


Joined: 21 Jun 2007
Posts: 32647
Location: 317 Anchorvale Garden

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the TC reading this post ?

please take note that the Yellowish corrdior light is very dim.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Skylark29
Junior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Posts: 20
Location: Fernvale Grove

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to highlight that the multistorey car park should be free parking on Sunday and Public Holidays like many other HDB estates.

This estates we have many young families here and parents and relatives visits during the weekends esp Sundays are apparent.

When our parentscome visiting during Sundays they have to pay parking. We have not gotten any explaination from the Town Council so far.

Is there anyone or anything that can help solve our thoughts on this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Boogie
Ordinary Member


Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 132

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this thread still active??

I realised that the carpark at FG does not allocate reserve lots for season parking holders. Wonder is it common? Seems like a few cars are parking illegally on certain levels, when parking seems full during certain nights

Skylark29 wrote:
I would like to highlight that the multistorey car park should be free parking on Sunday and Public Holidays like many other HDB estates.

This estates we have many young families here and parents and relatives visits during the weekends esp Sundays are apparent.

When our parentscome visiting during Sundays they have to pay parking. We have not gotten any explaination from the Town Council so far.

Is there anyone or anything that can help solve our thoughts on this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fernvalegrove
New Member


Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reserved lots Reply with quote

I fully agree. There should be reserved lots for season parking buyers.

I notice that there are less empty lots at the side near the carpark lift if we come home later, say abt 8pm. Sometimes, I just wonder if there are really so many car owners who are FG residents here.

Anyway, there should be more reserved lots there as it will be more convenient for FG residents who have baby strollers or just come back from marketing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kon
Silver Member


Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 1478

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironic... some residents want free parking on Sunday, some want to have reserve lots for them

If resident complain not enough lot, and non-resident want to park (even on Sunday & PH), then you don't have a choice but to pay. Else you can park at other free car-park then walk or public transport.

For resident, yes, theres A LOT of CARS in Sengkang, and you are also one of the contributor to the problem :P
Some places (in SK also) season car park also have to park at deck 5A!, go higher it will be the MSCP rooftop already. Count yourself lucky since you don't have to park at rooftop (yet), some of my friends that stay in Redhill, even season car park holder have to park illegally! Run out of lots for them to park!

Maybe it's time for LTA to reconsider their cheap COE but expensive to run (ERP) policy...

The old system (high COE) seems to better control the numbers of vehicle than the current cheap to own but expensive to run policy Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Garu Boy
Honorary Member


Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Posts: 20369
Location: @ Atrina @

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kon wrote:
Ironic... some residents want free parking on Sunday, some want to have reserve lots for them

If resident complain not enough lot, and non-resident want to park (even on Sunday & PH), then you don't have a choice but to pay. Else you can park at other free car-park then walk or public transport.

For resident, yes, theres A LOT of CARS in Sengkang, and you are also one of the contributor to the problem :P
Some places (in SK also) season car park also have to park at deck 5A!, go higher it will be the MSCP rooftop already. Count yourself lucky since you don't have to park at rooftop (yet), some of my friends that stay in Redhill, even season car park holder have to park illegally! Run out of lots for them to park!

Maybe it's time for LTA to reconsider their cheap COE but expensive to run (ERP) policy...

The old system (high COE) seems to better control the numbers of vehicle than the current cheap to own but expensive to run policy Very Happy

use HK system. expensive carpark system to deter car buyer.

_________________
Life is fragile, Spent wisely, Love generously.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Fernvalegrove
New Member


Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Our Voices R Heard Reply with quote

Just saw the RED reserved lots this morning... :-)

Rights of MSCP season ticket holders are protected!

Usually there is no free parking on weekends for CPs near amenities like shopping areas and MRT/LRT station. So, the RED LOTs will definitely alleviate our problem and prevent others from abusing it as there is also LRT station nearby.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Garu Boy
Honorary Member


Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Posts: 20369
Location: @ Atrina @

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Our Voices R Heard Reply with quote

Fernvalegrove wrote:
Just saw the RED reserved lots this morning... :-)

Rights of MSCP season ticket holders are protected!

Usually there is no free parking on weekends for CPs near amenities like shopping areas and MRT/LRT station. So, the RED LOTs will definitely alleviate our problem and prevent others from abusing it as there is also LRT station nearby.

not nesscessary. some dun care lor. they just park for lunch or buy thing.

_________________
Life is fragile, Spent wisely, Love generously.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Fernvalegrove
New Member


Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Our Voices R Heard Reply with quote

Garu Boy wrote:
Fernvalegrove wrote:
Just saw the RED reserved lots this morning... :-)

Rights of MSCP season ticket holders are protected!

Usually there is no free parking on weekends for CPs near amenities like shopping areas and MRT/LRT station. So, the RED LOTs will definitely alleviate our problem and prevent others from abusing it as there is also LRT station nearby.

not nesscessary. some dun care lor. they just park for lunch or buy thing.


Yes, u r right. But it's still better than nothing is done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ogerik
Ordinary Member


Joined: 17 Mar 2008
Posts: 155
Location: Fernvale Groove Blk 436A

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Anyone notice rats running around in the Fernvale Grove estate recently?

Spotted one outside the RC and another one when I am taking the lift at 436A.

Surprised

_________________
www.OGerik.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Capo_irman
Senior Member


Joined: 22 Apr 2008
Posts: 440
Location: Already Compassvale View from 31 Oct 2009.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come & park at MSCP 208... lots of lots and very few car owners here i guess... and not much round about to summons... then can just park for free.... then now also they have lift already.....

Cheers....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Fifteenmay
Senior Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 251
Location: Singapore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor issue:
Fernvale Vista 1 Blk D have no easy access to LRT, now that shrubs are planted all the way inbetween Fernvale Vista and the ramp beside Blk C & D.
Blk C & D residents have to walk through centre carpark, then down to the road to get to LRT.

Also, could we build a pathway on the slope near Fernvale Vista and LRT now that more residents are moving in? Its now a mud slope and when it rains, gets real muddy and slippery.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kelbel
Junior Member


Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi resident of sengkang west,
There is no use for all to give feedbacks to the AMK YCK YC cos they are best known as BO CHAP TC.
Save all yr troubles. They will only appear when time is up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
 

Hosting by Xssist Group Pte Ltd.     Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group