Sengkang.com Forum Index

Recommendation for Buffet Catering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vonnyang
Brand New Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiderman wrote:
Not sure if you are aware, but there is one thread in the resource folder - not just caterers, but caterers recommended by our members.

http://www.sengkang.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1844

Perhaps any members like to expand on the list based on your experiences, do add them in.

Cheers,
Spiderman

try Sengkang Caters a few times, feel that the food is pretty good especially their 扣肉包.
Vysweetapple

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote YSL catering. They are affordable & nice!!
PandaPanda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Izouki wrote:
this buffet cater food are good. the name is abit low class, but the food in very sure it is not. esp their curry chicken & yam paste

http://cms.goodluck-kitchen.com/

anymore feedback on Good Luck Kitchen cos I tinking of getting them tis weekend... I tried a few years back & felt that the food was quite good but dunno if standard has dropped or not???

btw, I heard from many that dun need to order for the full no. of pple coming... if i'm expecting 70pax, how many shd I order?
Carol Ho
Gold Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PandaPanda wrote:
Izouki wrote:
this buffet cater food are good. the name is abit low class, but the food in very sure it is not. esp their curry chicken & yam paste

anymore feedback on Good Luck Kitchen cos I tinking of getting them tis weekend... I tried a few years back & felt that the food was quite good but dunno if standard has dropped or not???

btw, I heard from many that dun need to order for the full no. of pple coming... if i'm expecting 70pax, how many shd I order?

never try Good Luck Kitchen before. I used Yan Palace for my housewarming party abt 2 mths ago, very good. If you are expecting 70 pax, can order 60 pax, should be enough
PandaPanda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carol Ho wrote:
PandaPanda wrote:
Izouki wrote:

never try Good Luck Kitchen before. I used Yan Palace for my housewarming party abt 2 mths ago, very good. If you are expecting 70 pax, can order 60 pax, should be enough

thanks Carol for your advise... so worried that guests may not have enuf to eat... at least I have some assurance now Smile
will post feedback if i decide to order from Good Luck...
Yukie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My frend ordered fm YAN Palace last wkend for her son b'day party. The food was quite okie.

BUT but but... not all the food come with warmer. Find it werid lor... only the fried mee sua, kong ba, fried beancurd skin wif shrimps
& 1 more dish hv warmer. Prawn paste chicken, bao for kong ba, veg n abalone, clames in thai sauce no warmer... funny...
the sauce for the veg n abalone hv turn lumpy after sometime n i help my frend to transfer out the fried item n pour in the veg.

N oso please note that they give small container for the drinks (those round one)... not those brown big cntr that is usually seen @ catering.

The dessert Tang yuan in peanut soup is nice Smile

She ordered for 30pax.

Mayb you would like to try Eatiz catering under jacks place. U hv to enter fm Jacks place website. Cos i knw there's another Eatiz which is not
under jacks place. Hv ordered them twice. Receive good comment n nice presentation Smile

Sofa / Matt - Lorenzo
Hob / Hood - Teka
Carol Ho
Gold Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yukie wrote:
My frend ordered fm YAN Palace last wkend for her son b'day party. The food was quite okie.

BUT but but... not all the food come with warmer. Find it werid lor... only the fried mee sua, kong ba, fried beancurd skin wif shrimps
& 1 more dish hv warmer. Prawn paste chicken, bao for kong ba, veg n abalone, clames in thai sauce no warmer... funny...
the sauce for the veg n abalone hv turn lumpy after sometime n i help my frend to transfer out the fried item n pour in the veg.

N oso please note that they give small container for the drinks (those round one)... not those brown big cntr that is usually seen @ catering.

The dessert Tang yuan in peanut soup is nice Smile

She ordered for 30pax.

Mayb you would like to try Eatiz catering under jacks place. U hv to enter fm Jacks place website. Cos i knw there's another Eatiz which is not
under jacks place. Hv ordered them twice. Receive good comment n nice presentation Smile

yes not all food from Yan Palace come with warmer, like prawn paste chicken, reason been it is deep fried food, and if come with warmer, will have those water droplets, then the chicken won't be crispy liao.
Carol Ho
Gold Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PandaPanda wrote:
Carol Ho wrote:
PandaPanda wrote:
Izouki wrote:

thanks Carol for your advise... so worried that guests may not have enuf to eat... at least I have some assurance now Smile
will post feedback if i decide to order from Good Luck...

u r welcome. Hope to read your feedback too.
PandaPanda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ordered frm Good Luck Kitchen for my hsewarming yesterday...

my dishes include:
1. Curry chicken
2. Prawn-paste chicken
3. Thai sweet & sour fish
4. Sweet & sour pork
5. Cereal prawn
6. Braised duck
7. Mixed veg
8. Pineapple rice
9. Fried bee hoon
10. Yam past with ginko nuts

Guests find the food very nice... I personally dun like the pineapple rice, bee hoon & duck cos a bit dry... but other dishes quite nice...
Ordered for 60pax with close to 70 guests... in the end left with a lot food...

dunno if it's standard practice for caterers to give extra food warmers or not cos they didn't give and thus the fire stopped after 2 hrs & I gotta go supermarket to buy...
Friendlyfool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody tried lavish dine?
Karu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideas for catering???
Quido

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recommendation: Revada & Manna Pot

Nice presentation and tasty food !

Siggi
Ordinary Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousin-in-law just had a house-warming at his place at Rivervale St (coincidentally, our blocks are next to each other, so I just saunter over for lunch last Sun! ) and he catered from Chilli Padi. It's peranankan food and really shiok! Not the run-of-the-mill catered buffet but not cheap either. He paid $17.80 per pax but of course the quality of food is quality stuff. Here's the link:

http://www.chillipadi.com.sg/
Summermel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have anyone tried ecreative buffet before?
Philip

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am moving to sengkang in about 3years time and wish to know where to get maid to help my mother during the day when I am working.
I wanted someone who can be trusted.
Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> MAKAN TALK All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: