Sengkang.com Forum Index

Crime Prevention Advisory - Community Alertness At MSCPs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
George

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chubby wrote:
Nasi_lemak wrote:
Chubby, CP is the Crime Prevention Officer from Sengkang NPC and he might fwd your request to HDB. You might also want to feedback to HDB Area Office directly too.

HDB Area Office got forum or not ?

or our MP Dr Lam got forum ?
I understand that quite a number of people have in to Fernvale vista 1 . They have complained that the place is rather dim and car park dark. And to top it all, foreigners drinking at void decks at night at the blocks. I wonder whether the police at Sengkang NPP is aware of this and whether anything is being done about this. The residents there are very worried and concerned as walking to the Fernvale LRT from their blocks is posing them headaches and worries. Would anyone care to comment on this state of affairs especially the families with young girls and children and elderlys. Shouldnt something be done about this ?. How to be happy when you have to walk home every night feeling scared and worried after work ? I am sure some of us will share this kind of feeling with me. Care to ?
WN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Unidentified Objects & Person Reply with quote

To all young parents and ladies,

please stay alert, observant and highlight any suspicious person/ activites in your area/ at your floor level.

Recent Encounter with unidentified electric bicycle at the floor level that does not belong to any of the residents staying at that level:

1) Hazardous item placed at the corridor
2) Youngsters hiding at the staircase for EXIT and block the EXIT door when found

Sengkang NPC Tel : 1800-343 8999
Commanding Officer : DSP Cheryl LEE Wan Ling
Email Address : cheryl_lee@spf.gov.sg
Address : 2 Sengkang Square #01-02 Singapore 545025
Stephen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Unidentified Objects & Person Reply with quote

WN wrote:

please stay alert, observant and highlight any suspicious person/ activites in your area/ at your floor level.

Recent Encounter with unidentified electric bicycle at the floor level that does not belong to any of the residents staying at that level:

2) Youngsters hiding at the staircase for EXIT and block the EXIT door when found

I am a resident in BLOCK B Fernvale Vista. I saw quite a number of bicycles parked in the exit of the staircases. Is it permissible ? Will it pose any danger? Is it allowable to do this ?
aPPl3usr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Unidentified Objects & Person Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
WN wrote:

I am a resident in BLOCK B Fernvale Vista. I saw quite a number of bicycles parked in the exit of the staircases. Is it permissible ? Will it pose any danger? Is it allowable to do this ?

that's inconsiderate behaviour. it may pose as a fire hazard or block passages of exit in times of fire. i only know that residents who do that can only be warned - the authorities can't do more than that.
Stephen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Unidentified Objects & Person Reply with quote

aPPl3usr wrote:
Stephen wrote:
WN wrote:

that's inconsiderate behaviour. it may pose as a fire hazard or block passages of exit in times of fire. i only know that residents who do that can only be warned - the authorities can't do more than that.

I am still waiting for the NPP to give some comments on this issue. Really if there is a fire, there will be panic and if the bicycles are in the way, casualties may be higher. Dont know whether you agree ?
aPPl3usr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Unidentified Objects & Person Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
aPPl3usr wrote:
Stephen wrote:
WN wrote:

I am still waiting for the NPP to give some comments on this issue. Really if there is a fire, there will be panic and if the bicycles are in the way, casualties may be higher. Dont know whether you agree ?

i agree because i had presented some findings on littering using civil defence's mid year report (SCDF Mid Year Statistics for Jan to Jun 2010). rubbish fires are still the main causes of fire in HDB flats.
WN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do try to work with TOWN COUNCIL

Function of Town Council
http://www.prpg-tc.org.sg/cms/services.php

Others
a) Issue Temporary Occupation Licence(TOL) for use of common areas, and permits for use of void decks and other facilities
b) Control obstruction at shop fronts and passageways
c) Enforcement on illegal parking at common

Please contact Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council at: Tel: 6585 4938 (Pasir Ris Office)
or Tel: 6489 0520 (Sengkang Office).

Sengkang Office
Blk 156A Rivervale Crescent
#01-01 Singapore 541156

Tel: 6489 0520
Fax: 6385 0930

Email: sengkang@prpg-tc.org.sg Do substantiate with photos ( if possible )
Stephen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WN wrote:

Function of Town Council

Others
a) Issue Temporary Occupation Licence(TOL) for use of common areas, and permits for use of void decks and other facilities

Please contact Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council at: Tel: 6585 4938 (Pasir Ris Office)

Sengkang Office
#01-01 Singapore 541156

Ok. I wish to know how fast is the rate of response from Town Council. I think a lot of residents may have some issues to notify Town Council but they are not aware of what to do. Your suggestion is good. Or maybe TC can put some posters at the life lobby to inform residents what are the things they can do or cannot do. That might help. Maybe indicate the fine also !
Stephen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WN wrote:

Function of Town Council

Others

Sengkang Office
#01-01 Singapore 541156

How is it that there is no response nor reply from anyone ?
Quiet Guy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave
WN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will anyone like to update all on the outcome from the feedback they given to Town Council for the isues mentioned above ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> CRIME PREVENTION All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: