Sengkang.com Forum Index

Who for US President 2008?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who for US President 2008?
Clinton, Hillary (Democrat)
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Obama, Barack (Democrat)
32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
McCain, John (Republican)
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
Paul, Ron (Republican)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care, even if Osama bin Muhammad bin 'Awad bin Laden is dubbed "the most powerful person on earth"!
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 31

Daniel
Silver Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Who for US President 2008? Reply with quote

Tuesday, November 4th 2008, the Citizens of the United States of America will go to their Polls and Vote for their 44th President. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presiden...the_United_States
Who do you think should be the American President to be dubbed "the most powerful person on earth"? Why?

"Matthew 28:18-20" >>> “Neighbourliness”

Last edited by Daniel on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Vegas
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got Prize or not ?

Singapore Pool accept bet ?

Daniel
Silver Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about Singapore Pool, but I never heard of Singapore "Pools" doing for US elections. I'm sure someone out there is willing to accept bets for this event.
Prize: How about if the candidate I vote for wins, I treat like voters to beers at Bliss at Punggol Park? Razz

Solonavi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Republican has an uphill task in this election. McCain campaign of a "true Amercian hero" probably will work in the previous election but American will still be buy by such concept.

Thus, who ever can win the Democrat's nomination race will most likely be the next president unless he/she screwed up big time in the run up. Regardless whether Clinton or Obama wins, its gona be a history making election with either the 1st female or black president.

Cheers
JC

Multiply
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lateone
Gold Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously i'd go for the real iconic americans e.g. colonel sanders or ronald mcdonald...would have gone for burger king or taco bell but these are not persons. but i'd rather that the next president not be someone who is 'bushy' and goes to war just to find weapons of mass distraction.
Daniel
Silver Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was funny one Laugh-Cry WMD = weapons of mass distraction. Laugh-Cry
Yup, you are right... distraction from the US economy, sub-prime, Enron, failing education and health care systems!

Garu Boy
Honorary Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If using FS study to predict, were be hillary. As women power to rule for the next 20 yr in period of eight.
Kelvintan1975

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lateone wrote:
seriously i'd go for the real iconic americans e.g. colonel sanders or ronald mcdonald...would have gone for burger king or taco bell but these are not persons. but i'd rather that the next president not be someone who is 'bushy' and goes to war just to find weapons of mass distraction.

In that case, I rather go for Paris Hilton (Carl's Junior). Smile
RN53

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Democrats infighting and indecisiveness are wasting lots of time and ground work. Republicans are more decisive and McCain is already doing his rounds. The two Democrats are busy doing each other in. Sly
Sherbetgal
Titanium Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obama.. wahaha..
Chogaijin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an interesting thread, given that I don't think anyone else here is American.
It's interesting to see everyone's thoughts.

But, I wonder, how is it that you guys are making up your minds as to who is your favorite? Has anyone really been keeping up with the politicians policies and promises?

Not judging, but just asking how people judge another nations candidates and political figures.

I'd be interested to know why you like certain candidates over others.

McCain hasn't gotten nearly as much press because there is no drama surrounding his probable nomination as the Republican presidential nominee.
Is that the reason for his lack of numbers here, or is it that he's Republican, and shares that in common with Bush?

McCain has always been critical against Bush, and their differences in opinion and policies are fairly well known in the U.S. as well as McCain's ability to cross party politics to get things done. So, I think he's a pretty strong candidate, despite his party affiliation.

Having said that, Democrats of course have an easier chance by virtue of their party. Will this long drawn out battle hurt their golden opportunity to capture both the Senate and White House?

Either way it will be a historic election in the U.S. as well as a turning point. It will be very interesting.
Lateone
Gold Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chogaijin wrote:
This is an interesting thread, given that I don't think anyone else here is American.
It's interesting to see everyone's thoughts.

But, I wonder, how is it that you guys are making up your minds as to who is your favorite? Has anyone really been keeping up with the politicians policies and promises?

Not judging, but just asking how people judge another nations candidates and political figures.

I'd be interested to know why you like certain candidates over others.

McCain hasn't gotten nearly as much press because there is no drama surrounding his probable nomination as the Republican presidential nominee.
Is that the reason for his lack of numbers here, or is it that he's Republican, and shares that in common with Bush?

McCain has always been critical against Bush, and their differences in opinion and policies are fairly well known in the U.S. as well as McCain's ability to cross party politics to get things done. So, I think he's a pretty strong candidate, despite his party affiliation.

Having said that, Democrats of course have an easier chance by virtue of their party. Will this long drawn out battle hurt their golden opportunity to capture both the Senate and White House?

Either way it will be a historic election in the U.S. as well as a turning point. It will be very interesting.

agree that it is definitely a turning point for the US of sorts - the economic and perhaps even military hegemony is slowly shifting towards this side of the globe. as to how SK forumers base their analysis, I dunno. i suspect most are doing this just for fun, perhaps wtih some banality, superficiality etc . what and who are we after all - a little red dot or like some americans would put it, only a small province in southern china. :P
Solonavi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its no mean task to keep tag of all the various direction and vision all these candidates have. Lots of bends, curve and even u turn at times. Even American themselves are not really following 100% needless to say us. I guess most will keep up the pace when its near the finally voting.

For me, I just read some news, watch some reports and hear some comments. Its fun in the sense cos we'll nvr get such election in SG. imho, There's no need to be up tight over tis, unless there is plan to migrate to the States within the next 4 yrs.

Btw, anyone wanna start the Taiwan election thread? :P

Cheers
JC

Multiply
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Solonavi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who have lost on all the candidates, all of them have great website and tons of videos on youtube. :P

http://www.johnmccain.com/

http://www.barackobama.com

http://www.hillaryclinton.com

Cheers
JC

Multiply
Daniel
Silver Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lateone wrote:
...or like some americans would put it, only a small province in southern china. :P
Yes, Lateone! I thought those exact thoughts before I was posted to Singapore. I asked another question tho... "they still swing from treehouse to treehouse, using those vines?" :P I was pleasantly surpised when I came and did my recon in May 1990! What was said was not true. EDB was very helpful! Especially the friendly female EDB officer that helped me in LA. No regrets coming to Singapore. Altho I do miss America's beautiful spacious skies, amber waves of grain, purple mountain majesties, above the fruited plain! From sea to shining sea!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: