Sengkang.com Forum Index
  
         
Reasons Why U Choose Ur Unit
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jessiemel
Ordinary Member


Joined: 18 Oct 2006
Posts: 170
Location: Hougang => Coralinus II - Blk 302A

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reasons Why U Choose Ur Unit Reply with quote

juz out of curiosity..wat are the things that you will put into consideration when u choose the blk or even the particular unit?

for me, i choose the blk bcoz itz nearest to MRT so i dun have to walk so far... Very Happy

how about the rest?

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Rummi
Titanium Member


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 6665
Location: Rivervale dr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's our to share Wink

Critical factors when choosing neighbourhood/ surrounding
1) lrt / mrt within 5mins walking distance
2) mosque not within hearing range

Critical factors when choosing unit (having chosen neighbouring)
1) balcony MUST have morning sun shining into the balcony
2) not haunted or loanshark
3) not 2nd floor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RN53
Super Member


Joined: 27 Oct 2004
Posts: 10837
Location: Hello, from WOODLANDS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My criterium for a new flat. My present unit at The Coris almost met all of them. Smile

A - Neighbourhood location(sorry neighbours no choice except if it is resale unit)
1) Public transport access (5-10 mins walk)
2) Amenities availability - Supermarts/mini-mart, library, wet mkt, hawker centre, park, fire station/police post, clinic, etc, etc.. (10-15 mins walk)
3) Not too close to any expressway or major roads.
4) Not too near to Industrial estate.

B - Block location
1) North-south orientation, (for wind and sun)
2) Distant to neighbouring block must be as wide as possible.
3) Two blocks (150 metres) away from amenities/facilities like, places of worship, precinct pavilion, RC centre, CCC, etc.. (near but not too near)
4) Void deck must be truely void deck.
5) Secondary Schools to be at least across the road, primary schools same as 3) above.

C - Unit location
1) Highest level on the block and facing greeneries.
2) North-East facing unit with full width, full-height living room glass (window) facade.
3) Ideally a 4-unit point block, served by two lifts with big and bright lift lobby and stairwell.
4) Main door faced away from CRC, lift lobby and stairwell.
5) Privacy from outsiders standing at the main entrance and also from standing or walking in stairwell or access corridor.
6) Bright natural lighting all round the interior of flat.
7) Hopefully, great neighbours on same, higher and lower levels.
-------------- will insert more if I can recall. Sly

_________________
Pick Your Best Apartment!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kai & Hian
Silver Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2005
Posts: 1793
Location: Atrina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RN53 wrote:
My criterium for a new flat. My present unit at The Coris almost met all of them. Smile

A - Neighbourhood location(sorry neighbours no choice except if it is resale unit)
1) Public transport access (5-10 mins walk)
2) Amenities availability - Supermarts/mini-mart, library, wet mkt, hawker centre, park, fire station/police post, clinic, etc, etc.. (10-15 mins walk)
3) Not too close to any expressway or major roads.
4) Not too near to Industrial estate.

B - Block location
1) North-south orientation, (for wind and sun)
2) Distant to neighbouring block must be as wide as possible.
3) Two blocks (150 metres) away from amenities/facilities like, places of worship, precinct pavilion, RC centre, CCC, etc.. (near but not too near)
4) Void deck must be truely void deck.
5) Secondary Schools to be at least across the road, primary schools same as 3) above.

C - Unit location
1) Highest level on the block and facing greeneries.
2) North-East facing unit with full width, full-height living room glass (window) facade.
3) Ideally a 4-unit point block, served by two lifts with big and bright lift lobby and stairwell.
4) Main door faced away from CRC, lift lobby and stairwell.
5) Privacy from outsiders standing at the main entrance and also from standing or walking in stairwell or access corridor.
6) Bright natural lighting all round the interior of flat.
7) Hopefully, great neighbours on same, higher and lower levels.
-------------- will insert more if I can recall. Sly


Nod Nod Nod

Add 1 more - Unit's floor plan also important. Must be suitable for your living habits & no wastage of space. For e.g. I generally don't like flats with balconies as they're useless space in terms of my living habits.

_________________
Project : Atrina
Blk : 273D
Floor : 14
Moved in since end April 2008.
Boyboy arrived on 23 June 2009.
Girlgirl arrived on 15 November 2010.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
JenGcc
Titanium Member


Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 7334

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my criteria more simple..
- near lrt/mrt
- near Amenities *kopitiams/ supermart/ convenience store/ clinics*
- high floor
- must b able to hang clothes using bamboo poles Lips Sealed
- gd floor plan *no awkward shape rooms etc*
- affordable

for my case hb prefer corridor unit so we choose a corridor unit cos he feel point block very clastropobic

_________________
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reddevil
Gold Member


Joined: 29 May 2007
Posts: 2814

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me lagi simple.....

Ballot and ballot but didnt kana... finally kana Atrina..... day to chose unit. this is only few unit left. no choice...... Very Happy

_________________
Monkey Face Evil or Very Mad Twisted
GGMU - WE ARE THE CHAMPION!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jessiemel
Ordinary Member


Joined: 18 Oct 2006
Posts: 170
Location: Hougang => Coralinus II - Blk 302A

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RN53 wrote:


B - Block location
1) North-south orientation, (for wind and sun)
2) Distant to neighbouring block must be as wide as possible.
3) Two blocks (150 metres) away from amenities/facilities like, places of worship, precinct pavilion, RC centre, CCC, etc.. (near but not too near)
4) Void deck must be truely void deck.
5) Secondary Schools to be at least across the road, primary schools same as 3) above.


y huh?

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Daknioelh
Gold Member


Joined: 18 Oct 2006
Posts: 2059

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RN53 wrote:
My criterium for a new flat. My present unit at The Coris almost met all of them. Smile

A - Neighbourhood location(sorry neighbours no choice except if it is resale unit)
1) Public transport access (5-10 mins walk)
2) Amenities availability - Supermarts/mini-mart, library, wet mkt, hawker centre, park, fire station/police post, clinic, etc, etc.. (10-15 mins walk)
3) Not too close to any expressway or major roads.
4) Not too near to Industrial estate.

B - Block location
1) North-south orientation, (for wind and sun)
2) Distant to neighbouring block must be as wide as possible.
3) Two blocks (150 metres) away from amenities/facilities like, places of worship, precinct pavilion, RC centre, CCC, etc.. (near but not too near)
4) Void deck must be truely void deck.
5) Secondary Schools to be at least across the road, primary schools same as 3) above.

C - Unit location
1) Highest level on the block and facing greeneries.
2) North-East facing unit with full width, full-height living room glass (window) facade.
3) Ideally a 4-unit point block, served by two lifts with big and bright lift lobby and stairwell.
4) Main door faced away from CRC, lift lobby and stairwell.
5) Privacy from outsiders standing at the main entrance and also from standing or walking in stairwell or access corridor.
6) Bright natural lighting all round the interior of flat.
7) Hopefully, great neighbours on same, higher and lower levels.
-------------- will insert more if I can recall. Sly


Yes all the above.
plus high floor not highest.
affordable.
luck able to choose it when buying
flat design
near parents/siblings
near work place
new estate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Daniel
Silver Member


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 1877
Location: Rivervale Gardens

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reddevil wrote:
Me lagi simple.....
Ballot and ballot but didnt kana... finally kana Atrina..... day to chose unit. this is only few unit left. no choice...... Very Happy

same same for us... balloting and waiting, took us 7 years before we got this unit. And it was only a few left. In the q at HDB the estate's units kept being taken till our turn. Only 2 left. We chose this one. We are happy with it. Been here 8 years. No plans to move.

_________________
"Matthew 28:18-20" >>> “Neighbourliness”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
RN53
Super Member


Joined: 27 Oct 2004
Posts: 10837
Location: Hello, from WOODLANDS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessiemel wrote:
RN53 wrote:


B - Block location
1) North-south orientation, (for wind and sun)
2) Distant to neighbouring block must be as wide as possible.
3) Two blocks (150 metres) away from amenities/facilities like, places of worship, precinct pavilion, RC centre, CCC, etc.. (near but not too near)
4) Void deck must be truely void deck.
5) Secondary Schools to be at least across the road, primary schools same as 3) above.


y huh?

Void deck (ground level)???
Don't like the idea of building some senior citizen corner or study corner or some sort of sitting facilities at the void deck of the block. These only invite loiterings & hanging around by possible unwelcomed strangers and visitors who will abuse those so called facilities. Mad

_________________
Pick Your Best Apartment!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Vegas
Bronze Member


Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 819
Location: Hard Rock Cafe La Jolla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Atrina, lets poll which Block you will choose if you were given a chance to re-select a unit and why ?

My pick - 272D, unblock and nearer to MRT.

_________________
Bounce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Draik
Junior Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Posts: 82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is the only high unit left nearest to the MRT, no need to choose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kai & Hian
Silver Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2005
Posts: 1793
Location: Atrina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegas wrote:
For Atrina, lets poll which Block you will choose if you were given a chance to re-select a unit and why ?

My pick - 272D, unblock and nearer to MRT.


I would still pick my current block & unit, but 15th floor instead... Embarassed

_________________
Project : Atrina
Blk : 273D
Floor : 14
Moved in since end April 2008.
Boyboy arrived on 23 June 2009.
Girlgirl arrived on 15 November 2010.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Levynn
Junior Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 69
Location: Rivervale Crescent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got mine after going thru like 10 over resale units. then one day, saw on tv mobile got WIS... hurry call hubby. he woke up (abt 9am), then rush down to HDB to get a Q number. but if i were to choose again, i'll get a higher floor unit... heh
_________________
You can't have everything... where would you put it? ~Steven Wright
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rasphael
Senior Member


Joined: 10 Dec 2004
Posts: 384

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly give up on my selection cos q # 500+, i told my wife i only want 10th floor & above except 14th floor (if possible corner unit), heng heng still got 2 of my own choice unit left, i'm 3 mrt stn away from my parent plc & take bus 27 to my IL plc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
 

Hosting by Xssist Group Pte Ltd.     Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group