Sengkang.com Forum Index

Ever Lost HandPhone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ever lost your handphone???
1. Found it!
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
2. Never, no hope.
75%
 75%  [ 15 ]
3. Others, pls specify......
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

RN53

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Ever Lost HandPhone? Reply with quote

Lost my 10-day old new mobile phone on Sunday, 07/12/2008, in SBS-Transit bus svc 132, from Hougang InterChange to AngMoKio Ave3 (MRT).

Did the necessary follow up actions: deactivated my line, made a police report, go on-line https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFS...e&Reload=true to trace, got the replacement SIM card, reactivate my line ...... and now what??

Janet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prepare to buy new handphone?
Garu Boy
Honorary Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daniel was lucky. He lost his new hp and was return to him the very nite. He offered reward to the boy but he rejected.
MrsSeah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ever left the handphone in the foodcourt. Lucky the cleaner is honest enough to leave the handphone at the drinks stall. Smile
MrsSeah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever Lost HandPhone? Reply with quote

RN53 wrote:
Lost my 10-day old new mobile phone on Sunday, 07/12/2008, in SBS-Transit bus svc 132, from Hougang InterChange to AngMoKio Ave3 (MRT).

Did the necessary follow up actions: deactivated my line, made a police report, go on-line https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFS...e&Reload=true to trace, got the replacement SIM card, reactivate my line ...... and now what??

If you are unable to get thru the phone once you lost. Your possibility of retreiving it back is very slim.
Ace14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever Lost HandPhone? Reply with quote

RN53 wrote:

go to the handphone brand's service centre and notify them as well....incase your phone send in for servicing. they can trace by IMEI number.
Solonavi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever Lost HandPhone? Reply with quote

RN53 wrote:

Quote:
The increase in handphone-related crimes over the years is an area of concern which needs to be tackled robustly. Handphones have become primary targets for robbers, cheats and snatch thieves. One way to curb this problem is by implementing a screening system that will enable identification of stolen handphones, using each handphone's unique 15 or 17 digit International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number. To retrieve the IMEI number of your handphone, key *#06# on your handphone keypad.

This system, the Handphone IMEI Tracing System (HITS), holds a database of IMEI numbers of handphones that have been reported stolen. It allows the members of public to verify if the handphone they intend to purchase has been reported stolen.

Wah. I think I "mountain turtle" liao, didn't know that SPF has such a tracing system.

Cheers
JC

Multiply
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bumblebee
Silver Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, to thank RN for providing you this info, you should give him a handphone as a X'mas present. Otherwise, you are still a toitoi. Very Happy
Patbabeth
Titanium Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've never and hope it will never occur at all... it will be very troublesome...

Blog

Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some hps (such as iphone)...can even pin point the phone's location.

if u jailbreak ur iphone and install a certain application program, u can trace ur iphone wherever it is.
Lch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lost hp is small matter, losing the phone no/sms is the bigger matter.

Kai & Hian
Silver Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many years back when I was overseas, my phone was not lost, was stolen... Damned sian... Nowadays I always make sure I know where my phone is, even when I'm at home...
Moved in since end April 2008.
Boyboy arrived on 23 June 2009.
Girlgirl arrived on 15 November 2010.
Sebast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found 1 HTC touch, on 20 Dec 08 in one of toa payoh ntuc.

The phone was just left on the shelf, so many ppl walk past it but nobody care or maybe seems to see it.

So I went over , pick it up & open the case. Waited there for 10 mins, nobody came to claim it.

The hp was off so I on it to see the address book to see if it got any contact that I can reach him or family but cant find.

I took the phone & went to off to get something. Waited for half an hour before the person wife called to say his hubby will come over my side to pick up the hp.

When he came, he jus shake hand with me, say thks & went off..

Did the right thing or stupid?? haha
RN53

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did the correct thing, its your way of life. Good for you.Nod Bow

As for the other party,..... Thumbs Down

Starlight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebast wrote:
I found 1 HTC touch, on 20 Dec 08 in one of toa payoh ntuc.

The phone was just left on the shelf, so many ppl walk past it but nobody care or maybe seems to see it.

So I went over , pick it up & open the case. Waited there for 10 mins, nobody came to claim it.

The hp was off so I on it to see the address book to see if it got any contact that I can reach him or family but cant find.

I took the phone & went to off to get something. Waited for half an hour before the person wife called to say his hubby will come over my side to pick up the hp.

When he came, he jus shake hand with me, say thks & went off..

Did the right thing or stupid?? haha

you r fortunate. i ever returned a phone to someone some years back but the person talked on the phone as if i stole it in the first place. when he got his wife to come collect it, the lady also nvr say thanks. pui my bad luck for helping these type of $%##^*@
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: