Sengkang.com Forum Index
  
         
whats ur dialect group?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is ur dialect group?
Hokkien
32%
 32%  [ 14 ]
Teochew
39%
 39%  [ 17 ]
Cantonese
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
Hakka
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Others
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 43

Author Message
Winwin
Gold Member


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 3131
Location: Goodbye Buangkok, Hello Rivervale!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarabin wrote:
BZ wrote:
wow!!!

no wonder hougang's mp low thia kiang is also a teochew!~

kakaka Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy


yup, when election time comes, u shd go and listen to his teochew speech during campaigning, damn funny


I never hear b4, I wanna hear!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RN53
Super Member


Joined: 27 Oct 2004
Posts: 10837
Location: Hello, from WOODLANDS!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teochews love Aukang (Hougang), from NangKa Kha (Boon Keng) to Ponggo Buey (Punggol Point), practically the North-East MRT line.

That's why. Nod

Count me in.....
Teochew nang, kah chng ang ang,
Hainam nang, kah chng nam nam,
Hokkien nang, kah chng tam tam,
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
Pick Your Best Apartment!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mist
Ordinary Member


Joined: 26 Jan 2006
Posts: 104
Location: Coris 2 265C

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chanll wrote:
Tarabin wrote:
BZ wrote:
wow!!!

no wonder hougang's mp low thia kiang is also a teochew!~

kakaka Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy


yup, when election time comes, u shd go and listen to his teochew speech during campaigning, damn funny


I attend mass at St Anne's church in SK. There use to be this teochew priest that will announce in teochew some announcement after he said it in English. It's rather funny kekeke Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy


Chanll,

you are a catholic too? Smile

Hows St Anne's church? I am considering to attend the church after I shift to Coris. Currently I am attending Church of the Holy Spirit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zing
Super Member


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 14385
Location: Anchorvale -> Coralinus @ Punggol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarabin wrote:


yup, when election time comes, u shd go and listen to his teochew speech during campaigning, damn funny



kia leh...this coming election...lets go hear ! :lol:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
zing
Super Member


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 14385
Location: Anchorvale -> Coralinus @ Punggol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RN53 wrote:

Hokkien nang, kah chng tam tam,
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy



eeeeeeeeeew~

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
zing
Super Member


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 14385
Location: Anchorvale -> Coralinus @ Punggol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mist wrote:
Chanll,

you are a catholic too? Smile

Hows St Anne's church? I am considering to attend the church after I shift to Coris. Currently I am attending Church of the Holy Spirit.



FOUL!!!!!

*bz shows henry the yellow card

OFF TOPIC!!!! Mad


:P :P :P :P :P
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Mist
Ordinary Member


Joined: 26 Jan 2006
Posts: 104
Location: Coris 2 265C

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha... opps... sorry..
cos I happy to know there is another thing in common btw Chanll and myself mah...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Solonavi
Platinum Member


Joined: 01 Jul 2005
Posts: 5327

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mist wrote:
Chanll wrote:
Tarabin wrote:
BZ wrote:
wow!!!

no wonder hougang's mp low thia kiang is also a teochew!~

kakaka Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy


yup, when election time comes, u shd go and listen to his teochew speech during campaigning, damn funny


I attend mass at St Anne's church in SK. There use to be this teochew priest that will announce in teochew some announcement after he said it in English. It's rather funny kekeke Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy


Chanll,

you are a catholic too? Smile

Hows St Anne's church? I am considering to attend the church after I shift to Coris. Currently I am attending Church of the Holy Spirit.


OT. Actually, maybe can open a new thread to discuss on the various church ard SK. I'm interested to know what are the slots for the various mass session. Anyone know the catholic church at hougang near punggol park?

JC

_________________
Our Earth Project:

Multiply
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Patbabeth
Titanium Member


Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Posts: 9928
Location: 162B Punggo| Šen+r@|

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JC, maybe you can start another thread... seems OT here...
_________________
Latest developments on Punggol. | Punggol Latest

Blog

Twitter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chanll
Bronze Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 910
Location: Coris II - Blk 264F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ok i created a new threat liao.

Anyway i think SK.com really got alot of teochew nang leh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zing
Super Member


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 14385
Location: Anchorvale -> Coralinus @ Punggol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chanll wrote:
ok ok i created a new threat liao.

Anyway i think SK.com really got alot of teochew nang leh.




but dunno their kar chng ang ang anot hor? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Chanll
Bronze Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 910
Location: Coris II - Blk 264F

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BZ wrote:
Chanll wrote:
ok ok i created a new threat liao.

Anyway i think SK.com really got alot of teochew nang leh.




but dunno their kar chng ang ang anot hor? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy


U mean u wan to see to believe, BZ ????? Very Happy Very Happy Surprised Surprised Surprised
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zing
Super Member


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 14385
Location: Anchorvale -> Coralinus @ Punggol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not?

or at least show some peektures Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
augZz
Bronze Member


Joined: 09 Apr 2005
Posts: 904
Location: Ex-Sengkang resident

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe... me also teochew niah.... belonging to the "chim-mest" branch - teo-ang nang. My hubby is a cantonese but i can speak better cantonese than him! :P

I am also in favour of teaching both dialects to my son as he grows up, hoping that he will not forget his roots.... sighzz.... no one can speak good dialects nowadays..... :cry:

_________________
Mommy to two boys - Ryan & Troy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zing
Super Member


Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 14385
Location: Anchorvale -> Coralinus @ Punggol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehee...my teochew is only 3/4 sek nia...
:lol:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
 

Hosting by Xssist Group Pte Ltd.     Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group