Sengkang.com Forum Index

Sengkang: Bicycle Theft!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forte

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Sengkang: Bicycle Theft! Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I thought this topics should be appropriate to post in CRIME PREVENTION thread, however was unable to post there, only moderators are allow.

I used to lock my green color mountain bike outside my unit with 2 padlocks. On 7th May, between 0000 to 0600 hrs, it was stolen together with the locks.

A police report was made on the same day, and this is my experience at our nearby NPC:

- I was told by the constable, it is extremely difficult to get back my bike.
- I told the constable, as a citizen and a tax payer, I am lodging a police report, not asking them to search for my bike. Reluctantly the report was typed.

Why I use the word constable? (According to the dictionary)
Constable: A peace officer with limited policing authority, typically in a small town.

Speaking of that, anyone saw constables prowling in their neighborhood for the past years? For me - none, maybe my spectacles need update.

I stayed in Anchorvale for more than 7 years. It was peaceful for the past few years, and recently many things happened, including neighbor's motorbike was stolen, glue sniffing in MSCP, indian couple (not young) having love affair in MSCP in late afternoon (many used tissues on the floor after their business), etc...

Looking at the bright side, we have a bunch of friendly neighbors around us, looking at each other back.
Winwin
Gold Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread shifted. Smile
Quiet Guy

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Anchorvale: Stolen Bicycle Reply with quote

Forte wrote:
Sorry guys, I thought this topics should be appropriate to post in CRIME PREVENTION thread, however was unable to post there, only moderators are allow.

I used to lock my green color mountain bike outside my unit with 2 padlocks. On 7th May, between 0000 to 0600 hrs, it was stolen together with the locks.

A police report was made on the same day, and this is my experience at our nearby NPC:

- I was told by the constable, it is extremely difficult to get back my bike.
- I told the constable, as a citizen and a tax payer, I am lodging a police report, not asking them to search for my bike. Reluctantly the report was typed.

Why I use the word constable? (According to the dictionary)
Constable: A peace officer with limited policing authority, typically in a small town.

Speaking of that, anyone saw constables prowling in their neighborhood for the past years? For me - none, maybe my spectacles need update.

I stayed in Anchorvale for more than 7 years. It was peaceful for the past few years, and recently many things happened, including neighbor's motorbike was stolen, glue sniffing in MSCP, indian couple (not young) having love affair in MSCP in late afternoon (many used tissues on the floor after their business), etc...

Looking at the bright side, we have a bunch of friendly neighbors around us, looking at each other back.

what is your morale of your story .....

:P

RN53

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take care of your personal belongings.

If you treasure what you owned, keep it at home, not outside. At least it is safer.

This is one reason I don't own a car anymore, unless I have a big house/garage to keep it. Very Happy

Forte

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are right, take care of your personal belongings.

Once you lost something in S'pore, its lost. The only thing you can do is to lodge a report.

My friend's car was stolen in S'pore (was in the paper). Few months later, Interpol told him they found his car in Russia (if he wants his car back, he need to fork out the shipping expenses).
Pew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound harsh, but......

Why did you leave the bicycle OUTSIDE your house obstructing the walkway? If there's a fire how? Because u want to save PRECIOUS space in your house people die because if your selfish act.
If I am the law, I would not hesitate to slap u with a fine, u still want to complain.

FYI I have 3 bicycles at home taking up 1/2 my hall space and I am only living in a 4 room flat.
Forte

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pew wrote:

Why did you leave the bicycle OUTSIDE your house obstructing the walkway? If there's a fire how? Because u want to save PRECIOUS space in your house people die because if your selfish act.
If I am the law, I would not hesitate to slap u with a fine, u still want to complain.

FYI I have 3 bicycles at home taking up 1/2 my hall space and I am only living in a 4 room flat.

Your words are just based on crap assumptions.

1) How you know my bicycle obstructing the walkway?
2) How you know whether I stay along those common corridor, or end unit?
3) If my previous bicycle obstructing "my" walkway, I'll remove it first. Only those no brainer will block its own walkway. I don't !

I locked it in such a way not even obstruct the Utilities meter doorway, convenient for the PUB men.

You have 3 bicycles taken up half your 4 rm living room, thats your business, no need to tell us Hur?

Too bad, you don't know the law.
Pew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forte wrote:
Pew wrote:

Your words are just based on crap assumptions.

1) How you know my bicycle obstructing the walkway?
2) How you know whether I stay along those common corridor, or end unit?
3) If my previous bicycle obstructing "my" walkway, I'll remove it first. Only those no brainer will block its own walkway. I don't !

I locked it in such a way not even obstruct the Utilities meter doorway, convenient for the PUB men.

You have 3 bicycles taken up half your 4 rm living room, thats your business, no need to tell us Hur?

Too bad, you don't know the law.

does it matter? it's still not parked within ur property
Winwin
Gold Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool it, guys... and no names calling please. Remember, be friendly and smile Smile
Pew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winwin wrote:
Cool it, guys... and no names calling please. Remember, be friendly and smile Smile

healthy discussion mah, different people got different ways of seeing things. this is what forums are all about. right?
Ash

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Serial shoe thief prowling block 260A Reply with quote

Residents beware!

I stay in block 260A.
My unit has been struck twice!
On the second occasion, I was actually awake and doing my work, at 2am., and I saw 2 men walking from level to level, unit to unit. I called the police but apparently I was too late as they had fled. I had wasted time trying to decide if it was serious enough to call 999 or not (I know it sounds stupid now -.- )
Later I discovered my brother's shoes were gone.
According to my brother he saw people walking around another time as well, around the same time, but unfortunately he did not call the police.

So lesson learned. Please people, keep your shoes inside if they are expensive and if you see suspicions people around, don't hesitate, call 999!

And if you live in block 260A, please share if your shoes have gone missing as well.

RN53

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it happens again, get your video camera ready (batteries fully charged). Get a good recording of those ignorant law-breakers at their anti-social nuisances. Sly
Vikatan
Brand New Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at Blk 204D. Bicycle lost 2 weeks ago. It was just the day before the block-cleaning day. Earlier it happened to another neighbour, the day before the cleaning day. Plant pots kept outside the block got thrown to the floor too, at around 1:00AM. We rushed out hearing the loud thud noise, but nobody was to be seen.
Dry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An unconfirmed news from a friend of mine said that the thief of bicycles in Sengkang has been nabbed. he stole more than 800 bicycles since 2008.

Will confirm about the news later on.

feel sorry for the thief, but hey... i lost 2 bicycles alr... so good news for me Smile
Winwin
Gold Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was on the news yesterday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sengkang.com Forum Index -> CRIME PREVENTION All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: